Churches Housing is increasingly involved with the Ryde Pastors Network on its Vertical Villages Investigation Project in conjunction with Macquarie University.
The network aims to understand how faith-based organisations (FBOs) can help community development in multi-cultural high-density environments so all can flourish, physically, emotionally, relationally and spiritually.
Working with the Department of Geography and Planning, the project will use various methods including:
- semi-structured interviews with residents and community development experts
- case studies of three different residential towers (one with common facilities, one with none and Morling College which is FBO-run accommodation)
- workshops with existing residents of the Ivanhoe Estate, Macquarie Park
- development of an online toolkit for congregations/FBOs
- film production
- academic outputs (journal articles, book chapters, conference presentations)