Audio of Page
Landcom is seeking Requests for Proposals from Community Housing Providers (CHPs) to partner in delivering about 37 affordable dwellings for women over 55 at Lakeside Crescent in North Manly.
Known as the Queenscliff project, the project will re-purpose the former Queenscliff Community Health Centre. See https://www.landcom.com.au/assets/Places/Queenscliff/Queenscliff-fact-sheet.pdf
The deadline for response is 4pm (AEDT), Monday 14 December 2020.
Key investment highlights
- Participation: the RFP process is open to registered CHPs only
- Deferred land payment: to help CHPs with cashflow and financing, Landcom can defer land payment until the development is complete
- Development management: for CHPs without the necessary development management skills, Landcom can be the project’s development manager
- Flexible pricing: land price can be adjusted with approved development consent and market conditions to reduce risk and optimise commercially viability for CHPs
- Planning: proposed adaptive re-use planning pathway will be pursuant to SEPPs and existing R2 zoning
- DA consent: sale will be subject to satisfactory development consent, reducing CHPs’ planning risk