Each year, Churches Housing surveys members to assess what’s working and what’s not. Overall, this year’s survey shows that satisfaction is increasing as shown in some random results:
- 83% of members think we’ve supported them to deliver innovative housing solutions
- 82% are satisfied to very satisfied that we’re doing a good job public advocacy on housing issues
- 81% say we’ve kept them well-informed about government programs
What would you change to improve Churches Housing’s service to its members/stakeholders?
- Churches Housing provides a wide range of services to smaller NGOs in the Tier 3 area. While communications are quite good and various forums & get-togethers provide a strong platform for information share and networking, more directed gatherings supporting the three tiers might be beneficial.
- Information available to connect with projects and other initiatives, networking opportunities
- I have been impressed with the level of commitment and knowledge in my dealing with Churches Housing. They act as a strong intermediary in dealing with FACs and LAHC. They form an integral link between CHPs and the funding body.
- Cannot speak highly enough of Rob Powell who was an absolute pleasure to work with. Rob guided us through the Community Housing registration process and his knowledge and expertise made the process incredibly straightforward and seamless.
- I think what Churches Housing is doing is great I very much appreciate their inclusiveness and their deep knowledge of homelessness that the people who work there have. I think this is extremely important in any program working to support those in danger of homelessness.